The Anheuser-Busch InBev (makers of Hero beer in Nigeria) is a multinational beverage and brewing company with global headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. Anheuser–Busch InBev is the world’s largest brewer.
Our Dream is to be the Best Beer Company Bringing People Together For a Better World! It is the leading global brewer, one of the world’s top four consumer products companies and recognized as first in the beverage industry on FORTUNE Magazine’s “World’s Most Admired” companies list. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years and our portfolio of well over 200 beer brands continues to forge strong connections with consumers.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Position: Global Management Trainee (GMT) Program
Ref No: 17002919
Job Location: Nigeria
At AB InBev, we believe in investing in our future leaders today. The Global Management Trainee program is an intensive 10 month rotational training program which attracts the brightest, most driven graduates and nurtures their talent by giving relevant experiences right from the start.
Our goal is to find people who can take on challenging positions early on in their career and who have the potential to become our future leaders. We achieve this by putting the trainees through an intensive cross functional training program before their first role, where they will gain insight into every aspect of the business.
GMT Program Details:
- 2 -3 weeks of induction training on the company’s culture, strategy and structure, In this phase, you will get exposure to our CEO, Global Chiefs and the Zone Management Team, and you will meet with all GMTs from around the world
- 4 months of hands on, in-field training (deep dives) in our sales, marketing, supply and logistics operations, as well as our Business Shared Services across various locations in your Zone. You will develop an understanding of the “real life” of the business by shadowing people who perform the job, from all levels. You will be part of a small group of 3-5 GMTs during this phase
- 5 months Individual Assignment leading a process improvement project in the operations (sales, supply, trade marketing, marketing or logistics). You will receive clear deliverables and will be given feedback on your performance.
- 1 graduation week with official certification. You will also present your Innovation project during this week.
- 3 weeks of training on the Headquarter Strategy for the Zone (Finance, Sales, Marketing, Legal, Corporate Affairs, People, Logistics & Supply) at the Zone Headquarters, as well as leadership training.
- Exposure to senior leaders throughout the training period.
- Upon successful completion of the 10 month rotational program, you will take on an entry-level management position in any function depending on your profile, interest and results (e.g. sales supervisor, finance analyst, line supervisor, distribution manager, assistant trade marketing manager etc) You will also receive a mentor from the executive team when you start in your first position.
- After 12-18 months, if you perform well, we expect you to be ready to take on your next challenge in a more senior management role in any functional area.
- You own your future, and the speed of your career growth will depend on your talent, efforts and results.
- Current University student or recent university graduate
- Work authorization in the country for which application is being submitted
- Geographical mobility – you will move to different locations during the 10-month training program, and you should be willing to relocate throughout your career
- Fluency in English
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in Engineering, Business or Science or related degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and ability to quickly adapt to new systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Cross functional interest
- Ability to effectively manage several projects at once
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Innovative and strategic
- Ambitious and self-driven
- Adaptive, comfortable with ambiguity