MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Centre Operation Manager
Job Type: Permanent
- The Data Centre Operations Manager will manage the teams that support the day to day operational requirements of Main One Data Centre (MDXI).
Other core responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Ensure compliance with applicable service methodologies including but not limited to, incident management, problem management, change management, capacity management, etc.
- Lead the development of Data Centre Operational plan for each year and ensuring proper execution and operational alignment to annual plans.
- Liaise with the Service delivery and other customer facing teams to ensure the right technical solution for each customer and ensuring seamless customer onboarding.
- Lead innovation and ensuring continuous improvement of operational processes and procedures, developing new processes (as may be needed) for improved efficiency and better customer experience.
- Lead the performance management and capacity planning for all aspects of the Data centre infrastructure including but not limited to Power, cooling, security and fire systems.
- Develop and enhance Data Center Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) documentation and process, including emergency response, disaster recovery and physical security management.
- Coordinate a team of engineers and technicians in the development, consolidation, support of the facility’s Data Center and remote computing facilities.
- Ensure all existing Data Centre certifications and standards are duly complied with and leading the efforts to obtain new ones as may be relevant from time to time.
- Ensure customers’ KPIs are met in line with the contracts.
- Serve as the Data Center liaison for the IT, IP, Sales & Marketing units.
- Prepare and presents Monthly Operations reports to the executive management.
- Provide leadership for highly skilled technical and supporting staff in a 24/7 operations.
- Supervise the entire Data Centre Operations team, ensuring 100% uptime of the Data Centre.
- Develop and Mentor operational and support staff, ensuring proper training and skills/knowledge transfer.
- Be the custodian of all DC processes, ensuring compliance to and championing DC process improvement drives.
- Be a highly effective peer, leader, and partner within the Information Services leadership team in resolving customer and network problems.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- ITIL V3 certification will be an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of IT operations and process management.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field is a requirement.
- Experience with IT operations in relations to project implementation and management.
- Strong knowledge of facilities and Data Centre supporting infrastructure such as power, cooling, Access control, CCTV, DCIM, BMS etc.
- 8-10 years’ experience in Data Centre Business, 5 years of which must be in data centre operations, preferably in an open access/collocation environment.
Demand on the Job:
- 24/7 management for operations support teams.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: