The 2019/2020 Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) Scholarship- The Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership (GSEP) has had a long-standing commitment to education. In 2001, the Partnership reinforced this commitment by establishing the Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) scholarship program to support students from developing countries and economies in transition. The ESED program offers master’s level scholarships to outstanding students for a period of up to two years. In addition to the master’s scholarships offered, the ESED program also supports a web-based network of scholars designed to encourage the sharing of information and knowledge among scholars and alumni.
The purpose of the ESED scholarship is to support outstanding students pursuing advanced studies in sustainable energy development and to encourage meaningful contributions to the collective body of knowledge about this subject.
The scholars are exceptional students from developing countries studying in sustainable energy development. Today, the need for globally-oriented practitioners and researchers is growing rapidly. Our one-of-a-kind scholarship program fosters the next generation of energy, climate, and electricity sector specialists who will be prepared to tackle the challenges of the future.
The Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership considers an outstanding student to be one who:
- graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of her/his class
- is determined to advance her/his knowledge and understanding
- has a history of community involvement
- is committed to sustainable energy
- is committed to return and contribute to her/his home country
Read Also- Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Postgraduates (2018/2019) Scholarship Scheme
To be eligible for this scholarship, prospective applicants must:
- Undertake master’s-level studies in sustainable energy development
- Be a citizen of a developing country/territory on the List of official development aid recipients identified by the Development Co-operation Directorate (DAC) of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Be committed to returning to their home country/territory after their studies to contribute to its development
- Be an outstanding student
- Graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of their class
- Is committed to sustainable energy development
- Has a history of community involvement
- Is determined to advance their knowledge and understanding
You must provide an electronic copy of all the documents listed below.
- Passport (photo page only) or birth certificate
- Curriculum vitae detailing your education, work experience (if applicable), awards, and participation in volunteer and/or extracurricular activities
- Admission letter from your university program of choice
- If you have not yet received a letter of admission, you can upload an acknowledgement of receipt from your university showing that you have applied for admission
- If you receive your official admission letter after the scholarship application deadline, it is your responsibility to forward it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than April 20, 2019. If we do not receive your official admission letter by this date, your application will not be considered
- If this application is for the second year of a two-year program, please include proof of enrolment
- Upload an outline of the curriculum or the courses you will be taking for your master’s program
- If the language of your original transcript is not English, we require a certified translation of the document which includes the name of the translator as well as a copy of the original (untranslated) transcript
- If this application is for the second year of a two-year master’s program, please include your transcript for the first year
- Academic Reference Form
- You need to provide a completed copy of the Academic Reference Form. The form must be completed in English.
- The form must be completed by a faculty member or professor at your current or previous university who knows your academic abilities
- Should the referee wish to send the Academic Reference Form directly to the Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership, they can email it to email@example.com by March 8, 2019 (23:59, UTC-05:00). Once received, it will be indicated in the online application system
- Academic or personal reference letter
- You need to provide one reference letter from either an academic or personal referee
- The reference needs to be in letterform (with an official letterhead of the referee’s organization, if possible), written in English, and must be dated and signed by the referee
- An academic referee must be a faculty member or professor at your current or previous university who knows your academic abilities. They cannot be the same person as the individual who completes your Academic Reference Form.
- A personal referee should be a person (e.g. employer, supervisor, mentor, coach) who can discuss other personal qualities or interests that make you specially qualified to receive the scholarship. This referee cannot be a family member
- Please make sure that the referee includes your full name in their letter
- Should the referee wish to send their letter directly to the Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership, they can send email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 8, 2019 (23:59, UTC-05:00). . Once received, it will be indicated in the online application system
Application Deadline: March 8, 2019 (23:59, UTC-05:00).
For More Information:
Did you enjoy this information about on going Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) 2019/2020 For Scholarship- Do you want update from us today? If yes, kindly share it now. Share it on your Facebook, lnstagram, WhatsApp, share it to all your family and friends. If you want us to Update you on the on going Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) 2019/2020 For Scholarship- kindly drop your Email address or better still your phone number for more information. Also you can Subscribe for FREE with your Email address to receive instant notification of Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) 2019/2020 For Scholarship Also get update and other Jobs Vacancies.