International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) 2018/2019- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: HR Officer 1 (Recruiter)
- Provides HR services in line with the ICRC’s and the delegation’s policies and the applicable laws and regulations.
- Acts as a focal point for general HR-management issues (Delegation Mobile staffing file).
- Monitors and ensures compliance with local labour laws and staff regulations as well as safeguards the recruitment policies.
- In charge of attracting and recruiting specialist and non-specialist staff with the skills and profiles needed by the ICRC.
- Works in collaboration with various units to identify and analyze recruitment challenges, methods, and processes and optimize recruitment tools.
- Reviews and publishes internal and external job offers.
- Evaluates candidates’ files, conduct interviews and participates in selecting candidates.
- Serves as candidates’ main point of contact during the recruitment process and answers their questions, including on the outcome of their application; carries out administrative tasks (e.g., handling employee files and organizing language tests) with support from the HR Administration Officers.
- Supports the internal and external recruitment process and provides HR expertise to all levels of the organization.
- Takes part in evaluating recruitment activities and adjusts action plans and programmes accordingly, particularly during emergencies.
- Keeps the recruitment tool and candidates’ information up-to-date.
- Supports the HR Manager by representing the ICRC in external recruitment-related forums.
- Ensures that new employees are welcomed and well integrated.
Read Also: How To Apply For Navy Recruitment And Nigerian Navy 2018/ 2019 Recruitment Form Application Guide
- University degree or equivalent experience; specialized degree in HR as an asset.
- 4-5 year working experience in HR or a similar field
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English (Local Languages; i.e., Hausa is an asset);
- Computer literate with excellent knowledge of excel and power point
- Two years’ experience in the humanitarian field work an asset.
- Knowledge of remuneration systems and management forecasting
- Willingness to travel around the country when needed.
- Recruiter (Talent Acquesition Specialist)
- HR Generalist profile
Job Title: Staff Health Officer
- Reviews medical invoices for anonymization and approval of medical expenses.
- Reports to staff health delegate and provides feedback and recommendations on issues related to the staff’s health.
- Collects accurate and reliable data on illnesses, accidents and absenteeism, with a view to providing statistics on illnesses and the medical risks taken by all staff.
- Provides advice and support to ICRC staff with health problems.
- Provides advice on the medical needs of ICRC staff during transportation and coordinates medical evacuations from the field to the capital with the staff health delegate.
- Implements and supervises staff health policies and the ICRC HIV/AIDS programme (where applicable) at all sites under responsibility (delegation/sub-delegations).
- Monitoring drugs dispensing to the sites & handle the staff health medical supplies in delegation and sub delegations ( First aid and VTT kits)
- Carries out health briefings for all new ICRC residents’ staff.
- Assesses and supervises living conditions in the delegation and all sub-sites, promotes general hygiene standards (e.g. housing, use of mosquito nets, water filters, hygiene standards of cooks and cleaners, nutritional advice).
- Carries out defusing and creates peer support groups following critical incidents in the field; follows up if further intervention is required
Read On: State Security Service Recruitment 2018/2019 The Best Way To Fill The Form. SSS Recruitment / www.dss.gov.ng.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent higher education degree in Health (Pharmacist /Assistant, Nurses)
- Post Graduate Degree public health is an asset.
- 2-3 years of experience in HIV/AIDS programme (during or after education period)
- Expert level in computer skills
- Excellent English language skills
- Knowledge of Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo and Pidgin are an asset
- Three years’ public health experience.
- Experience in medical supply management.
- Knowledge on HIV/AIDS program.
- Knowledge of tropical health and public health.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Clearly indicate “Job Title/Location” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated).
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
Application Deadline 18th September, 2018.
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Please note that ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.