The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Maiduguri Sub Delegation, is looking for suitable candidates to fill the vacant below.
Job Position: Networking Field Officer
Job Location: Port Harcourt
- Organises the operational network as a fully integrated part of the operations and the security management
- Ensures that ICRC is in dialogue with relevant stakeholders to foster the acceptance/perception of the ICRC as neutral, impartial and independent actor in situations of organized violence in the Niger Delta and the South-East.
- Exchange information and interact with other delegates and field officers in terms of networking, security, transnational connections, synergies and opportunities for the sake of the ICRC and its operations in the Niger Delta and the South-East.
- In collaboration with the other departments, help develop and implement the Sub-Delegations Community Based Protection strategy
- Conducts ICRC dissemination activities to audiences and interlocutors and thus contributes to the further positioning of the ICRC in the Area of Responsibility
- Contributes and advises on the security assessment and places measures for field activities across the Niger Delta and the South-East.
- Organises meetings with relevant interlocutors on behalf of the Head of Sub-Delegation.
Conducts field trips to various areas to perform tasks of networking file
- University Degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in similar field
- Extensive knowledge of the Niger Delta and the South-East and its complex dynamics
- Extensive network and access to targeted actors of influence, in particular, the Other Weapon Bearers (OWBs) and Cult/gang groups
- Excellent understanding of security and security management
- Excellent command of English and Pidgin (or Niger Delta/South-East dialect)
- Excellent computer skills
- Good knowledge of the political, security and socio-cultural/religious dynamics of the Niger Delta and the South-East.
- Advanced analytical skills, especially on political, security and social dynamics of the Niger Delta and the South-East.
- Previous experience with a humanitarian organisation or NGO/CSO an asset
- Leadership Skills and good team spirit
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Rigorous, methodical and accurate, Autonomous
- Honesty & integrity
- Able to cope with stressful situations
- Sensitivity and empathy to work with beneficiaries of the ICRC (victims of conflict/violence)
- Flexibility to work over time when needed
21st July, 2017.
Method of Application
All qualified candidates should send their application letter, curriculum vitae, and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Please clearly indicate “Networking Field Officer Port Harcourt” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.