The Company called Schlumberger is the world’s leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry.
Working in over 85 countries and employing people who represent over 140 nationalities, Schlumberger supplies the industry’s most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions for hydrocarbon recovery that optimize reservoir performance.
What Are We Recruiting To Fill The Position Below:
Job Title: FPSO Project Engineer
Location: Lagos – Nigeria
- The FPSO Project Engineer shall manage specifically selected engineering activities and deliverables for the Anyala & Madu Project relating to the delivery of the FPSO. This may include the interfaces between the FPSO and platform and the FPSO and offloading solution. The engineer will be responsible for ensuring that the design, engineering and execution of work is carried out safely and to a high standard.
- Reports to FPSO Upgrade Manager (Deputy Project Manager)
- The engineer will participate in all phases of the project including, concept selection, FEED and project execution to ensure the technical objectives are met within the approved scope, budget and schedule and to the required quality standards.
- The position is based in Nigeria and it is expected that the duration of the project will be 3 years.
- The engineer will be expected to travel to locations where equipment is being manufactured such as, but not limited to the UK, US, Singapore, Dubai and Nigeria including periods offshore during hook up and commissioning.
- Obtain certifying and governmental authority approval for design from client.
- Schedule, plan and develop engineering scopes of work and execution plans while ensuring full adherence the overall Project Execution Plan and Basis of Design.
- Help manage the sub-contractors engineering team and maintain commitment to deliver schedule requirements, safety and high quality deliverance of work.
- Meet safety and high quality requirements whilst approving all engineering output.
- Pro-actively align the engineering by supporting subcontracting processes and procurement.
- Maintain full responsibilities for engineering sub-contracts, interface and changes in accordance with local regulator and Schlumberger corporate requirements.
- Awareness of all technical risks and anomalies and escalate to line and project management.
- Ensure that up to date knowledge and procedures are shared with others as appropriate.
Qualifications, Experience, Behavioural
- Degree in Naval Architecture, Shipbuilding or Marine Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within engineering coordination, experience working for an Operator preferred.
- Familiar with complex offshore and FPSO supported projects and work flow.
- A comprehensive track record in maintaining quality and safety towards medium and large size offshore supported projects.
- Computer knowledge of database management, document processing, discipline calculations and tools
- Self-starter and self-motivated person who can demonstrate use of initiative
- Flexible and adaptive approach to work
- Able to communicate articulately and persuasively
- Driven, takes ownership of issues and drives them to completion
- Able to work unsupervised or as part of a team, which might include the supervision and management of team members and/or contractors
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Comply with Schlumberger’s Health, Safety and Environment Policies and Standards.
Method of Application:
All qualified candidates should: